Assistant dean for academic affairs is a manager of Educational Affairs, Research and Graduate Studies.
In educational affairs, Assistant dean for academic affairs is responsible for policy-making and task management in charge of planning, managing and directing all aspects of school education at the undergraduate, graduate, supervising the implementation of adopted educational regulation, decisions on educational issues, policy and adopt the necessary measures to develop and upgrade quality of learning and implementing training programs and evaluating them. Some of the functions and powers of this department are as follows:
1. Reviewing and monitoring school education and recognized strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities of education.
2. Studies and planning necessary to develop school graduate programs.
3. Planning in order to promote and continual school service improvement.
4. Preparation and submission of official annual reports of the school and educational index changes during certain periods for separated discipline and grade.
5. Measure and evaluate the performance of faculty and students and planning to eliminate shortcomings and defects and monitor the timely classrooms, monitor students academic activities and monitor the quality of educational activities.
6. Necessary planning to manage the supply and provision of needed educational tools and technologies.
7. The necessary studies in the field of educational laws and provide feedback and suggestions for reform.
8. Guidance, supervision and support for the formulation and adoption of programs, disciplines and new and required courses for educational departments and reviewing and modifying them and give a proposal to higher authorities and planning for the required conditions for the development of educational programs and launch new courses and programs.
9. Planning for the participation of faculty members and departments in management, operational and evaluation processes.
10. Communication with the deputy of educational affairs of faculty of engineering and university of Tehran in order to inform educational policy and provide suggestions and requests.
11. Coordination with the activities of the departments, coordination of administrative activities and affiliated units in line with the main objectives of colleges and university of Tehran.
12. Educational activity monitoring and supervising the implementation of regulations and training requirements
13. Take midterm and final exams.
14. Timely notification of educational rules and regulations to students and teachers.
15. Tasks related to visiting professors and faculty members.
Assistant dean for academic affairs in the research and graduate studies is responsible for the implementation of council enactments and enactments graduate council of faculty of engineering regarding admissions, program planning, monitoring, control and evaluation of graduate.
In order to achieve the final goals of the Caspian faculty of engineering and college of engineering of university of Tehran, Assistant dean for academic affairs performs required planning in two fields of fundamental and applied research programs. Applied research is a research that is sponsored by industries and organizations outside of University of Tehran. In this context, recalls the proposals (RFP's) that comes from research office of college of engineering or be sent directly to the school are distributed among teachers in terms of subject matter for preparing project proposals. Also, in introducing and publicizing the research activities and capabilities of the Faculty, exchange visits by various industries are planned by the Assistant dean for academic affairs.
Fundamental research is the type of research that professors perform as personal interest or with the help and financial support of College and University (research projects of type 1). The results of these researches are generally research articles published in journals or are presentable at national and international scientific conferences or can be presented as applied proposals to the industry. It should be noted that in line with targeting the fundamental research, all Caspian professors (like other faculties of college of engineering) required to do this type of research activities in their comprehensive plan of research (Research Plan) that are presented in the Research Department. This department is responsible for reviewing and approving proposals and monitor master's thesis dissertation defense meeting
Assistant dean for academic affairs:
Jamshid Mohammadi Rovshandeh
Associate Professor in Chemistry
Polymer and Composite Lab
Caspian Faculty of Engineering
College of Engineering
University of Tehran
Tel: +98 13 44609270
Fax: +98 13 44602600
Secretary: Ms Fereshteh Ghesmatpour